1.16.2006

Reviews: Google Earth for Mac

NASA
updated 1/17/06

Finally! On 1/10/2006, at exactly 12:49:00 PM, Google Blog announced the creation of a Mac version of Google Earth. I know it might not mean much for non-Mac people, but for Mac people, this is a joyous occasion. Currently, I just went from Mount Everest to Death Valley in a matter of a few seconds, and was able to zoom in to extremely good graphics. Then I cross the Pacific, and zoom in to the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, which is so conveniently located a mouse click away. Then I check out an earthquake there on 6/12/1996 with a magnitude of 4.20000000000000017764.

After tooling around a bit I click on the "San Marino Roads" layer and fly over to San Marino for a visit. The place is filled with little red dots symbolizing earthquakes. I also spot an volcano near Rome, it says its status and type.

Then I move along to the Chicago River. Chicago is filled with intricate 3D buildings, plus coffee shops galore, complete with telephone number. When I arrived I saw a golf club named Metro Golf at the Illinois Center, I click and your can either Search Google, and get directions to here or from here.

Also you can switch on layers showing links to veiw peoples photos or webcams, which you can submit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home